Sunday 10 August 2014

What to do when it rains?

Well, it seems as though our lovely long run of sunny weather has at last broken.

Friday lunchtime in the centre of York saw a downpour of epic proportions. 

At the time I was in the garden where I volunteer and at first thought the cloud burst would blow over.

Not so. 

Visibility decreased to the extent I could not see the end of the garden and by the time I got indoors I was absolutely drenched to the skin, despite wearing a waterproof. Not much fun going home on the bus!


York Press:
Local photos give some idea of the scale of the rain.


Then Saturday arrived, and departed, all bright and sunny, which was lovely.

Today is the monsoon again, dark and raining like mad, so indoors, curled up with my gardening mags.

Time to read, make lists of interesting plants and places to go.

Wonder if the builder will turn up tomorrow?



  



No comments:

Post a Comment